Sheriff Edward Miller
Shackelford County Emergency Management Coordinator
Law Enforcement Center
791 West US Hwy 180Albany Texas, 76430
The mission of the Shackelford County Office of Emergency Management is to provide comprehensive and integrated emergency management that coordinates community resources to protect lives, property and the environment through mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery from all natural and man-made hazards that may impact our county.
What we do:
- Coordinate Emergency Management activities for Shackelford County
- Maintain and update the county’s Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan, Hazards Vulnerability Analysis and Hazard Mitigation Plan.
- Activate and staff the county Emergency Operations Center.
- Coordinate for local, state and federal government response and recovery operations during a major emergency or disaster.
- Monitor severe weather watches, warnings and special statements issued by the National Weather Service and provide this information to local emergency service agencies and the citizens of Shackelford County.
- Coordinate resource support to tactical response and on-scene Incident Commanders.
- Provide Continuity of Operations Planning information and guidance.
Don’t be the one to say “I did not know”.
Register your contact information today, to ensure that you receive emergency weather notifications and other important emergency information that affect the communities of Shackelford County.
People who live, work or play in Shackelford County can enter their contact information to receive important emergency and outreach information that may affect their health, safety and well being. This is a secure portal that uses dual authentication to protect the information that is interred. Each user will be given login information so that they may update their personal information any time it changes. This will insure that the Shackelford County emergency contact system stays current.